Mixing of chemicals sends restaurant patrons to hospital

Originally posted on behalf of Anderlini & McSweeney LLP on February 28, 2012 in Premises Liability.

A scary situation last week at an out-of-state IHOP restaurant sent more than 50 customers and employees out into the parking lot as a cloud of gas filled the restaurant from the dishwasher. Nine people were hospitalized and were treated for inhalation injuries from what was later determined to be chlorine gas. An employee had mixed chlorine bleach with a product that contained phosphoric acid, started the dishwasher, which then created the toxic cloud of gas.

Chlorine gas has a strong odor and can cause eye irritation and respiratory problems and individuals with asthma or other respiratory conditions could experience more serious symptoms.

Read the story from OHS Here

Advertisements

About Anderlini & McSweeney LLP

Anderlini & McSweeney LLP is a boutique law firm located in the heart of the peninsula in the San Francisco Bay Area. www.anderlinimcsweeneylaw.com
This entry was posted in Personal Injury, Premesis Liability and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s